Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Restaurant Uno

This isn't the first time I ate at Restaurant Uno, I have eaten here a number of times but not as often as I want to. I have been reading a lot of good reviews about it lately so my interest was piqued again. I called them up about 2 days before my intended lunch with some of my friends and made my reservation for 12:30 noon on a sunny Saturday. I arrived about 30 minutes before my appointment, I was led to the main dining area upstairs. Our table was next to the unadorned windows. One of the most noticeable features of this restaurant is the elegant simplicity of the place, crisp white table linens, white plates. The walls were also white and the furniture wood, the floor was also a wood laminate which warmed the place. The waitstaff were smartly dressed in black. I remember they used to be in white a while back. I ordered coffee first. They brought me butter and the bread basket. The bread was really good. it was crunchy outside and inside was chewy.

I chose among the three soups they were offering and I decided on the Roasted Tomato Chili Soup, I wasn't disappointed! The taste was clean and really flavorful, this coupled with the bread was actually worth the lunch, I had to remind myself that I still had to eat the main course.
Among the entrees, the Pan-fried Catfish Stuffed with Spinach and Feta Baked with Roasted Garlic Cream, what a mouthful! The catfish was tender and the filling was just the right taste, I noticed that no one among us needed extra seasoning. We didn't ask for salt and pepper at all. Two of my friends ordered the Pork Shoulder Chops with Rosemary, Garlic and Dried Apricots while the other two settled for the Shrimp Al Diablo with Lemon Angel Hair Pasta.
And finally for dessert I had to go for their Cheesecake, one of the simplest and yummiest I've ever tasted. It was more like a Japanese Cheesecake type, and not the usual kind that we are used to but this one is definitely a winner. The Fallen Chocolate Cake is also very good, dense and rich in taste.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant. The dishes are simple and delicious, and the ambiance just invites you to linger a little while. And the best reason for going back is that the menu changes every so often, so that means, when I go back there would be a new set of mouthwatering dishes to be tried.

Restaurant Uno
195 Tomas Morato Corner Scout Fuentebella St. Q.C.
(02)374-0774

No comments: