Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thank You!


A big thank you to Annie of Second Helpings and to Katrina of Lardon My French for the Stylish Blogger Award, which is totally unexpected but very much appreciated!


According to Annie there are 4 rules to accepting this award which are: Thank and link the blogger who nominated you; Share 7 things about yourself; Award 15 new bloggers and tell them about it.

Here are the 7 things that you probably don't know about me:

1. I used to love the beach but when I got older, that part of me was lost. This love affair was recently rekindled when I went to Boracay, one of the best beaches in the world and is located here in the Philippines. Don't you just love that sunset?


2. I come from a huge family. I am the eldest of 7 children: 5 girls and 2 boys. We don't need to invite people over during birthdays because every meal time is already like a party!

3. Travelling relaxes me. I work hard and the only time I ever feel like I'm relaxing is when I am away, walking through unfamiliar streets and absorbing the culture of the place I am in. My favorite places are Munich, New York, Singapore and Thailand...

4. Speaking of which, I totally fell in love with elephants when I took an elephant ride with my sister when we were in Bangkok last January 2010.


5. I am a bit OC (obsessive-compulsive) when it comes to some things. I give my bedroom a general cleaning every Monday or else I feel like everything is dusty. I organize my closet according to use, color and material, and I insist on using only one color of clothes hangers--black etc.

6. I am a voracious reader, I read everything from fiction to non-fiction. My personal favorite at the moment is Ferran, a book about Ferran Adria (the greatest chef that ever lived according to some). I have read the works of JRR Tolkien, CS Lewis, Peter Mayle etc.

7. We have 8 dogs at home. 3 Chowchows, 2 Huskies, 2 Beagles and an adorable Yorkshire Terrier!


I didn't imagine that I would have so much fun blogging and that I would meet so many friends from around the world. There are just some blogs that I have to read everyday and constantly check for updates. I would like to share the Stylish Blogger Award to them:

Inato Lang Filipino Cuisine and More
Bake in Paris
Tangled Noodle
Latest Recipes
Almost Bourdain
Serenely Full
Testado, Provado e Aprovado!
Mary Mary Culinary
Almost Bourdain
Parsley, Sage, Desserts and Line Drives
Joy's Misadventures
Everyday Sweet Notes
My Little World
Pieces of a Wunderkind's Mind
Eats Trixie!

11 comments:

Rackell said...

weeehh.. congrats!!! thank you for sharing with me the Stylish Blogger Award.. Food Trip na ulit!!!

Annie said...

8 dogs! i know, they're irresistible. great photo of the boracay sunset, wish i could visit again soon. keep up the terrific blog.

Tangled Noodle said...

Congratulations on a well-deserved award and thank you so much for sharing it. It's always great to learn more about others on the blogosphere and find out that we share things in common. I've always loved beaches but had few opportunities to visit them, being in the US Midwest (lakeshore beaches just aren't the same). Now that we're here in the Philippines, my husband and I plan to spend as much time as possible on as many beaches as possible. 8-D

Oh, and I love your adorable pups! 8-)

Unknown said...

CONGRATS! you deserve it. Thank you so so much for sharing it with me.

TaGa_Luto said...

THANK YOU! I'm so honored, and i accept this award with pride. It's nice to know more about you=;) Ya' know the feeling is mutual..if there will be a stalker award i guess i'd be your top 5 ha!ha!ha!

dash said...

Congrats! You deserve it. Thank you so much for sharing this award with me.

Am glad to have read some things about you. But of course, I'd like to get to know you better.... so FT na!!! :D See you on the next blogger meet-up.

Suz said...

Congratulations on your award & thank you so much for awarding me one too! I'm really chuffed, especially as I love your blog too. :) I enjoyed reading your 7 things. Your dogs are gorgeous!

Lisa said...

Thank you so much for this award, and congrats on receiving it yourself..more than well deserved! I'm so flattered :)

Shyla said...

Congrats!!! Well deserved. You have a lovely blog.

Timeless Confection said...

Hi Chef D!
Your blog is so good, it looks good enough to eat. I'm truly excited to read more of your posts.
More power!
Best regards,
http://kayelangit-luistro.blogspot.com

Katrina said...

Yay! I'm so glad I could get to know you a little bit more! I too am a bit OC... I sort my closet by season/color/style.

8 dogs! Whoa! You could start a sledding team ;) I love dogs, but have never had one!

Glad to have met you!!