Saturday, May 31, 2008

Viennese Marble Cake

A slice of Viennese Marble Cake
My mise-en-place with my trusty KitchenAid
Right out of the oven
Cooling before decoration
I drizzled it with white chocolate ganache left over from the white opera cake
This is my official birthday cake

The weather here in Manila is getting weirder by the day...and I'm feeling every bit of it. May has been a month of mixed emotions for me, this month, I lost something that is precious to me. But enough of that, some highlights of this merry month--my sister who lives in Beijing gave me the best birthday surprise ever by spending a week here in time for my birthday. I attended Chef Nick Malgieri's Modern Baker seminar and got the chance to learn from him in person!! And last but not the least, I got accepted into the Daring Bakers and Foodie blogrolls--Yey!!!



To celebrate all the best and worst of this month..I've decided to bake a Viennese Marble Cake which was one of the recipes from the Modern Baker seminar.

1 comment:

Nikki @ NikSnacks said...

I'm happy to come across your blog. I look forward to reading about your confectionary delights.