Monday, February 9, 2009

Cracked Cookies aka Crinkles

Tomorrow is going to be a very special day for our whole family because we are going to the beach! We've been going on family outings to the beach for a while now and it's always expected of me to bring cookies. I think that for almost 3 years I've been making chocolate chip cookies, this time I decided to bake cracked cookies aka crinkles--I lost my original recipe but found one on http://www.allrecipes.com/ and I'm hoping they live up to the testimonials. I'm stil thinking if I should bake additional chocolate chip cookies just in case these get wiped out which almost always happens.

CRINKLES

Cocoa Powder 1cup

Refined Sugar 2 cups

Vegetable Oil (I used canola) 1/2 cup

Eggs 4 pieces

Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons

All-purpose flour 2 cups

Baking Powder 2 teaspoons

Salt 1/2 teaspoon

Confectioners' Sugar 1/2 cup

Preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit. Line cookie sheets with wax paper.

In the bowl of a Kitchenaid mixer, combine refined sugar, cocoa powder and vegetable oil. Beat with the paddle attachment. Add eggs one at a time until well incorporated and stir in vanilla extract. Combine flour, salt and baking powder add this to egg and sugar mixture and beat until the mixture is smooth. Chill for at least one hour.

Using two teaspoons, scoop out cookie dough and form into rounds, roll in confectioner's sugar and before placing on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 12 minutes and cool on rack. Store in air tight containers.


No comments: