Friday, February 13, 2009

Yearning for Something Very Sweet

I heart Saturdays, not just because it's kick-off-your-shoes day but also because of the Salcedo Weekend Market which opens just on Saturdays at the Salcedo Village Park in Makati City. There you can find all sorts of tempting things laid out for all to salivate over and if the craving is too great, give in and fork over your hard earned cash in exchange for these goodies.
I have to confess I don't have much of a sweet tooth but when I do get an intense craving for sweets, one of the few things that can satisfy it is this melt-in-your-mouth butter cake. It looks and tastes so yummy. I gobble it all up and later on pay for it on the treadmill. But hey, it is worth it!

And the other one of course is this stick-to-the-roof-of-your-mouth Brazo de Mercedes. It tastes so good, I can finish two giant slices in one sitting. And what do you know, tonight, I am craving so bad, I just might brave the traffic and go all the way to the Salcedo Market!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOOOOOW! Brazo de Mercedes! Hi achi! xoxo

Unknown said...

meron akong kanta para sa Brazo... "o giliw ko, miss na miss kita..." hahahaha

Tangled Noodle said...

We went to Salcedo Market during our visit to Makati during Christmas! It's such a wonderful event - I wish I could go there again. These treats look great - by any chance, have you tried the crepes made by the Frenchman? They are delicious!