Friday, September 12, 2008

Banana Oatmeal Cookies

In keeping with my banana theme for my friend, I decided to make another banana recipe, and found this excellent cookie recipe. This is the first time I'll be using bananas for a cookie recipe and it turned out great. I can't wait to bring this to I's house tomorrow.



BANANA OATMEAL COOKIES
GRANULATED SUGAR 1/2 cup
BROWN SUGAR 1/2 cup
BUTTER 1 cup
EGG WHITES 2 pieces
VANILLA EXTRACT 1 teaspoon
ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR 2 cups
BAKING SODA 1 teaspoon
CINNAMON, ground 1 teaspoon
BANANAS, mashed 3 pieces
QUICK COOKING OATS 2 cups
CHOCOLATE CHIPS 1 cup
SALT 1/8 teaspoon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit. In mixing bowl of Kitchenaid mixer, cream sugars, butter, vanilla and egg whites with paddle attachment until light and fluffy. In another bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add flour mixture and mix. Add in mashed bananas, and rolled oats. Take off from mixer and fold in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 inch apart on lined cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Store in airtight containers.

No comments: