Thursday, September 11, 2008

Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread

I got a really big scare the other day. I had to rush my friend I to the hospital because she had palpitations. We had to brave strong rains and flooded areas (thank goodness, we were in an SUV) to get to the emergency room. She was confined that night for further tests. Two days after...the final diagnosis is atrial fibrillation secondary to electrolyte imbalance. I dont really understand it that much but she given a maintenance medicine for her heart and was told to eat 3 bananas a day. Knowing her, it wouldn't hurt to disguise the bananas in a sweet dessert. So I baked her this chunky chocolate banana bread (from an old recipe booklet) and used skim milk to make it a bit healthier.




CHOCOLATE CHUNK BANANA BREAD

EGGS, lightly beaten 2 pieces
BANANAS, mashed 2 pieces
VEGETABLE OIL 1/3 cup
SKIM MILK 1/4 cup
ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR 2 cups
SUGAR 1 cup
BAKING POWDER 2 teaspoons
SALT 1/4 teaspoon
BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE, chopped 120 grams

Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit. Stir eggs, bananas (I got really lazy and processed this in my mini food processor), oil and milk until well blended. In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder, mix well. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir unil just blended (do not overmix!) Stir in chocolate and pour into greased and lined 9 x 5 ( I used 2 smaller ones) loaf pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.






No comments: