Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Kro's Nest

For the past three years that I've been coming to Beijing, I've always wanted to try the pizza at Kro's Nest. I don't know why but for one reason or another, we've never had the time or the inclination to go there even if the original branch is just in our neighborhood. This year, I promised myself I was going to have a pizza there. I told my sister I wanted to try the new branch at the Workers' Stadium( Gongti Beilu). We arrived at around 1130 and chose a table near the windows--the sun was shining inspite of the -2 degrees temperature.
The menu looks like a newspaper
The pizza was so big, we ordered Kro's Special and Greek Mama (half of each), there were 6 giant slices which my sisters and I ate all by ourselves.
A slice of my pizza
The final verdict? Yes, it's as good as they say it is. But more than the pizza, the place was what really got me, sunlight was pouring in from the windows and bathed everything in beautiful natural light. The price was reasonable, it was well worth the cab fare!



No comments: