Thursday, August 7, 2008

Almond Gateau with Praline Buttercream--July Daring Bakers' Challenge









...I finally made it!! Because of my crazy schedule I wasnt able to post my Almond Gateau in time but I persevered and I finally did it. It was a very complicated cake, with so many components but it tasted really great. I probably won't be making this cake anytime soon again but I have to admit it's one of the best tasting cakes I've ever made!!


I used almonds instead of filberts because they're hard to find here in Manila. I used rum for my flavoring. I almost cried when I was making the buttercream because it looked like curdled cheese at first but I kept on mixing it with the paddle attachment and the final product looked great.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Ooo, your cake is beautiful! Great piping job!!