Tuesday, August 12, 2008

When Toast Isn't Enough

I usually just have toast and egg for breakfast but there are days when toast just isn't enough and that's when a hot plate of eggs (over cooked until the edges curl up in golden brown perfection) and our family's version of carne frita is the best alternative. I don't remember not having this kind of breakfast while I was growing up. My grandmother used to marinate a big batch and just fry as needed. Waking up to the smell of frying carne frita brings me back to my childhood.
CARNE FRITA
Sirloin, thinly sliced

Soy sauce

Pepper

Calamansi (a type of Philippine lemon)

Garlic, minced

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix until meat is coated with the mixture. Marinate overnight. Fry in very hot oil and serve with eggs for a great breakfast :)


No comments: