Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Banana Almond Raisin Loaf


I think the best bananas come from the Philippines. And it's available here all-year round...in fact I have banana stalks (trees) beside my house. So it's but natural, that I also like making banana bread--my dad is a connoiseur when it comes to banana breads. But it's been a long time since I've baked one. So today, I've decided to test if my banana bread recipe is as good as it once was. Dad said it's the best he has eaten...and that's not just because he's my dad!


BANANA ALMOND RAISIN LOAF




BUTTER, unsalted 1/2 cup
GRANULATED SUGAR 1/2 cup
EGGS 2 pieces
BANANAS, ripe and mashed 3 pieces
All-Purpose Flour 2 cups
Baking Soda 1 teaspoon
Baking Powder 1 teaspoon
Salt 1/2 teapsoon
Almonds, chopped 1/2 cup
Raisins 1/4 cup
Plain Yogurt 1/2 cup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit. Grease and line a 9x5 loaf pan (I used 2 smaller ones)
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in eggs one a t a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in mashed bananas and yogurt. In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend in banana mixture just until combined (batter does not have to be smooth) Fold in raisins and nuts. Bake for 60 minutes.


No comments: