Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Curried Carrot Soup


Rainy days always make me want to stay home and curl up with a good book (I can always read the Twilight series again) but of course I can't do that, I'd still have to go to work--the responsibilities of being an adult :)
I just need a really hot soup (preferably thick and filling) before I head out the door with my umbrella and brave the rain. This carrot soup hasn't failed as a rainy day comfort food.
CURRIED CARROT SOUP
Carrots, peeled, diced 1/2 kilo
Onion, peeled and minced 1 piece
Garlic, minced 2 cloves
Chicken stock 750 ml
Tomato paste 15 grams
Curry powder 2 teaspoons
Bayleaf, dried 1 piece
Canola oil, 30 ml
Preheat heavy pot with canola oil, saute onions, garlic and carrots, add in curry powder, bayleaf and tomato paste. Cook for a further 2 minutes until fragrant and paste is cooked. Pour in Chicken stock, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 45 minutes. Take off heat, and puree using blender. Strain through a sifter making sure that soup is smooth and lump-free. Bring back to heat, taste and season. Serve hot with a slice of warm focaccia.

No comments: