Monday, October 6, 2008

Green Tea Cheesecake

I finally found green tea powder!! I've been steeping green tea leaves for my green tea cheesecake for the longest time, and somehow, the green tea taste I want to bring out doesn't really come out. That's why I'm so glad that I dont need to do that anymore because I can use powder instead, which is a whole lot easier, and the green tea taste is so much more pronounced. For the crust I use 1 cup of crushed graham crackers, 1/4 cup melted butter and 1/4 cup sugar. I just mix this all up and press onto the bottom of a foil-lined pan (the removal bottom pan works well with this). Chill for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, dissolve a packet of unflavored gelatine powder in 1/4 cup of water, set aside until it blooms. Then place over double boiler and melt. With the whip attachment of your Kitchenaid mixer, whip 1 box of all-purpose cream with 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Slowly pour melted gelatine mixture and continue whipping until sugar is dissolved and mixture has doubled in volume. Set aside. In another bowl, with the paddle attachment this time, mix 1 box (8 ounces) of softened cream cheese and 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Dissolve 2 teaspoons of powdered green tea in 1 tablespoon of water and pour in. Mix until well-combined. Add in whipped cream and continue whipping until ingredients are thoroughly mixed in. Pour mixture into prepared graham cracker pie crust. Smooth top and refrigerate overnight. Decorate with whipped cream.

No comments: